Promoting Healthy Brain Aging and Preventing Dementia: Research and Translation, the first international conference hosted by Campus Alberta Neuroscience and the Alberta Healthy Brain Aging and Dementia research community, was held May 24-27th 2016. Over 150 attendees, including researchers, physicians, policymakers, trainees and members of the community, from Alberta, Canada and around the world, convened in Banff, AB to join in the conversation on the latest in healthy brain aging and dementia research. New connections and information exchange were facilitated through keynote addresses by prominent national and international researchers, speaker and poster sessions, networking opportunities, and a panel discussion.
Topics of presentation and discussion at the Conference focused on:
- Brain and cognitive resilience in aging
- Vascular contributions to cognitive impairment and dementia
- Risk factors and novel diagnostics
- Exercise and cognitive interventions for healthy brain aging and prevention of dementia
- Applied research in dementia