There is a thriving entrepreneur culture in Neuroscience across the province. However, there exists a challenge of both knowledge and awareness of how to launch new companies and succeed in this competitive environment.
The goal of the CAN Entrepreneur Consultation Program is to bridge the gap between research, enterprise and translation. The aim is to ensure that each neuroscientist has access to the plethora of resources available within the province. CAN will seek to build collaboration between researchers and companies and organizations, while providing education alongside this program with a series of entrepreneur focused workshops .
This could include support with business plan development, legal and intellectual property advice, financing, or a myriad of other aspects. The program will not provide direct funding from CAN or angel investors but, rather, acts as a catalyst to connect neuroscience entrepreneurs with commercialization resources, contacts and information.
Entrepreneurs will have access to:
- A free 1-hour consultation
- A targeted and individual assessment of needs
- A plan for moving their innovation forward
- Connections to organizations, people and areas of exploration
What Entrepreneurs will not have access to:
- Direct funding by Campus Alberta Neuroscience
- Angel investors through CAN
- Provide hands on support for writing grants ect.
- Guaranteed help and support from any partners
To submit a application for consultation fill out this form and send it back to us via email at [email protected]